Optimization of your Ads
I never expected ad optimization to be that important. By doing the first optimization tests and changing basic look and positioning of my ads (especially colors), i raised my eCPM (earning per tousand visits) by 250% and its still getting better...
With the direct Battle funcion you can compare two adtypes, and find out which type gives you the better earnings per visitor. Here is a short instruction how to do that by using the battle function.
- Create 2 Google Adsense Channels in you Adsense Setup Panel. Name them "battle 1" and "battle 2" etc.
- Go to the Adsenseoptimizer Settings and activate the battle function.
- Define two Adtypes. They should differ in 1 property. (Color, Position, Size etc.)
- Enter the Channel IDs of your new Google Channels to the 2 boxes.
- Check some posts if battle ads and "normal" ads for single pages disturb each other. If necessary deacivate normal ad.
- Wait until you have enough clicks on both channels
- Compare the eCPM of the two types and see which type produces better earnings.
- do next test...
Do not underestimate the effect of this !!!!